Re: Switching to SPDX license tags

Am Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 03:11:54PM +0100 schrieb Thomas Klausner:
> I think it'd be useful to convert our licenses (LICENSE) to these
> standardized identifiers. Perhaps url2pkg could even set it
> automatically by looking for SPDX-License tags in the code,
> e.g. these:

In my experience SPDX is nice for new code, but doesn't work that well
for existing code bases. So while it would be nice to have some support
e.g. in url2pkg or pkglint for scanning for SPDX identifiers and a tool
to convert them to "our" names, I don't think batch converting is going
to help much if at all.

Joerg