Re: choosing an older go version for a package?

> Am 26.11.2022 um 12:13 schrieb Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>:
>
> Hi!
>
> I tried packaging ipget (https://github.com/ipfs/ipget), but that uses
> quic-tls and that does not support the latest go version yet
> (https://github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/wiki/quic-go-and-Go-versions).
>
> Can I choose to use an older go version for a single package in its
> Makefile? I didn't find anything for that.

You can override GO_VERSION_DEFAULT in the package Makefile, a few packages used to do that.

It might be better to upgrade the version of quic-go to one that supports Go 1.19 by patching go.mod. There is some other package (I forgot which one, sorry) where I did this when I flipped the default Go version to 1.19.

--
Benny