bulk with i386 chroot on amd64? xen?

This message is really about NetBSD, but I am interested in answers
about other systems.

In thinking about bulk builds, I have a dim memory of two kinds of
trouble, and I think some if not all of this memory is wrong :-)

I would like to ask if anyone is aware of any problems resulting from:

  1) building packages i386 in a chroot on an amd64 host?  same, but for
  other families (earmv7hf-el on aarch64, sparc on sparc64)?

  2) building packages under xen and running them on not xen, or the
  other way around.  In particular, i think this might be emacs and PAE
  vs non-PAE.