Re: pkgsrc leakage and default pkg options

On Apr 30, 19:44, Greg Troxel wrote:
}
} There is no good way, because it might be installed, and it's not really
} reasonable to say "if options of dependency A don't match what I want,
} do make replace with my options".  And it's not ok for pkgsrc to end up
} in different states based on order of builds, except we allow "I want
} pgsql" to be "if the installed version is acceptable use it", so people
} who build a non-default pgsql first end up using that for everything.

     If this hasn't been done, which I don't think it has, could
it be done for MySQL, please?

} As an alternative we could make them set the default version, but it
} wouldn't really buy much.
}
}-- End of excerpt from Greg Troxel