Re: Proposal: remove OSF/1 support

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> I have however updated the website to clarify the status of
> our platform support, "user beware", basically.

I fully agree with you that being accurate about what works and what
doesn't work is good.  In adition to the website, I think it would be
nice to have a one-sentence characterization of status in each
bootstrap/README.foo, with a date, like

  As of 2022-04, pkgsrc works well on this platform.

  As of 2022-04, pkgsrc boostrap is known to fail on this platform, and
  we have not received reports of success in a long time.

or whatever.  I know people think I'm odd about putting dates in docs,
but "this works" doesn't age well - some README.foo have mod dates in
2014.