Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/librsvg

Hi,

Do you mean that if I take a typical earm machine like an RPI3 (1G RAM),
and cehck out pkgsrc and do a "make package-install" in something that
depends on librsvg, you think that it will build rust, build librsvg,
and continue, without any issues?

I have been under the impression that building rust required unreasoably
large (by our standards) amounts of RAM, but I'll be very happy to hear
that this has been fixed upstream.

It has been at least somewhat fixed. While I wouldn't try on a 1 gig Pi that didn't have non-SD card swap, I was able to successfully build rust-1.56.0 on an earmv7hf NetBSD 9 Jetson TK1 with 2 gigs of memory.

Just FYI, in addition to earmv7hf, I had no problems building rust-1.56.0 on NetBSD 9 on sparc64 and amd64, and on NetBSD current on aarch64.

In the past I had to explicitly set MAKE_JOBS=1 and often restart it several times, so things certainly are better than they used to be :)

John