Re: Issue with python27 & mailman

> Hi,
>
> I haven't created a PR because I don't yet have enough information. I'm still running lists using mailman which still uses python27.
>
> I updated mailman today to mailman-2.1.35 because of the fixed CVEs. Everything with email seems to work, but I tried the web interface and saw it didn't work.
>
> I then switched back to mailman-2.1.34 and I still see the same issue, which makes me wonder if the issue is related to the recent python27 updates. I don't use the web interface often, so I can't say whether it has worked since the python27 update.
>
> Would someone who knows python be able to point me in the right direction here? No idea what "_QS_SEPARATOR_CONFIG_FILENAME" is, nor where it would be defined, nor can I find it.
>
> List server name has been genericized below.
>
> Is this related to i18n issues?
>
> Thanks,
> John Klos

Quickly looking at the problem, it turns out that lang/python27/patches/patch-Lib_urlparse.py introduces _QS_SEPARATOR_CONFIG_FILENAME which suppose to read a config file located at /etc/python/urllib.cfg. That seems terribly wrong since PkgSrc does not provide such a file. The patch seems to be copied verbatim from Fedora. My guess is, Fedora packages Python 2.7 differently.

David, you imported the patch. Can you elaborate, please?

Kind regards,
Adam