Re: Preferring .gz with pkgin

John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> writes:

> It has been asked on port-amiga@ and brought up elsewhere:
>
> https://github.com/NetBSDfr/pkgin/issues/112
>
> whether we can add a flag or another way to tell pkgin to prefer a
> certain prefix over others for slower machines, or for machines with
> less memory when we start to use xz.

I wonder if the main approach should be constructing one's repo to have
the preferred file type.    Or are you envisioning a repo with a summary
in bz2 and also  gz, and packages presumably in gz, and some users want
one and some want the other?  An option to prefer a compression type
when finding files doesn't really seem objectionable, but it seems
unnecessarily complicated if there's a better fix of buliding the repo
differently.