Re: Dealing with .git

 --- stderr
 fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

error occurred: Command "gcc" "-O3" "-ffunction-sections"
<snip>

Are you sure these two are related? Normally the .git error message you're seeing is as a result of some part of the build process running "git log" or similar to retrieve some information about the commit it was built from, that ends up in the finished binary. For example:

 $ cd $(mktemp -d)
 $ git log
 fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

It would be odd for gcc to be invoking "git". Obviously we normally patch away these git invocations from the respective Makefile, and/or set build variables to override the data it's trying to embed (helpful for reproducible builds).

No, I'm not sure, since I'm not very familiar with git. This makes sense, and since this was an interrupted build, I'll clean and retry.

Thanks,
John