Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang/llvm

* On 2021-06-18 at 21:17 BST, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 08:53:23PM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
This is getting ridiculous.  Please can we take a step back and realise that
buildlink is for libraries and headers, not for programs, so whatever is
requiring these to be added is fundamentally wrong.

The reason is cmake.

cmake expects targets (libraries, binaries) of a dependency to be in
the same location. So if we provide the libraries in ${BUILDLINK_DIR}
and the cmake support files also include the targets for binaries
(next to the ones for the libraries), these need to be in
${BUILDLINK_DIR}, otherwise cmake won't accept the dependency as being
available.

Then we should revert whichever recent change to cmake caused this change in behaviour, not commit to forever hardcoding random paths in all our buildlink files.