tech-pkg archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: problem installing kde4-l10n-en_GB-4.14.3

On Tuesday 25 May 2021 15:17:40 Mark Davies wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in responding.  I've had very little time to devote
> to pkgsrc in the last month or so.
> On 16/04/21 8:58 pm, Dave Tyson wrote:
> > The problem I face is that the older base components of kde4 will not have
> > the message catalogues and so will require the application of the en_GB
> > locale package - but there will then be conflicts with the updated
> > applications.
> > 
> > I need to reinstall the pkg base from the packages build under pkgsrc to
> > get a consistent base again (I stupidly didn't note what I had deleted)
> > and then knock up a simple script to update
> > /usr/pkg/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES copying any files over from
> > kde4-l10n-en_GB which don't already exist. I think that is the pragmatic
> > solution - but not ideal.
> Yes, I think that is what you need to do at the moment if you need the
> old locale files.

That hack worked fine as expected.

> > PS. It would be really nice if some other parts of kde could be brought up
> > to later versions - especially kdepim. I realise this is a *lot* of work,
> > but would be happy to provide some funding - maybe £1000 towards the
> > effort. If others chipped in maybe someone might think it worthwhile...
> I will note that all of kdepim is in pkgsrc-wip.  The only thing that's
> stopping it being committed to pkgsrc proper is a working qtwebengine
> rather than one that just compiles and any help in getting that going
> would be much appreciated (by many I'm sure).
> cheers
> mark

Thanks, I'll have a look at qtwebengine and the pim stuff once my new amd64 
system arrives and provide some feedback.

I will throw some cash in NetBSD's direction as I note that with pkgsrc-2021Q1 
under current (but before the GCC update) ALL of the kde stuff compiled 
without any local hacks and pretty well everything just worked including 
korganiser against a davical server - something which only worked on NetBSD-8.

The only thing I have found that seems broken is dolphin which seems to fail 
to update the application software choices - always suggests firefox or 
gwenview for pdf's despite setting the stuff in settings...


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index