Re: math/py-scikit-learn with OPENMP, at least on Linux?

Am Sun, 23 May 2021 18:43:10 -0500
schrieb Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost>:

> > Can anyone chime in who is actually using parallel/openmp? Where?
>
> 3 packages are including it unconditionally:
>
> pkg-grep parallel/openmp/
> /home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/wip/qzdoom/Makefile:#.include
> "../../parallel/openmp/buildlink3.mk"
> /home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/graphics/darktable/Makefile:.include
> "../../parallel/openmp/buildlink3.mk"
> /home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/graphics/luminance-hdr/Makefile:.include
> "../../parallel/openmp/buildlink3.mk"
>
> Do you think this is wrong on gcc-based systems?  I don't use any of
> these packages, so cannot attest as to whether they work properly on
> NetBSD or Linux.

I guess it does not really hurt as gcc -fopenmp uses its own
implementation and the other is just there. It for sure seems
unnecessary. I also did not test these packages from pkgsrc. One might
ask Adam … who did the update to darktable …

I was only becoming aware of a separate OpenMP lib being a thing through

	https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/issues/14624

where it is mentioned that one can install libomp with Homebrew.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis