Re: BLAS fixes for 2021Q1

On 24/03/21 1:35 pm, Dr. Thomas Orgis wrote:
The other one is potentially even more sensitive: math/py-numpy. Yes,
that is quite the opposite of a leaf package. But it's also in a sad
state regarding usage of BLAS libraries. It sortof uses the framework,
but does not actually honour the choices it makes. The configuratio
code of numpy needs to be neutered not to overrule the pkgsrc choice. I
hope to eventually get that upstreamed, but for now hacking is needed.

Since many weeks now, there are necessary changes for it lurking in
wip/py-numpy:

Just as a data point I've been running with these patches for some time on both NetBSD and ArchLinux whereas py-numpy doesn't build for me without them so I'm for having them included.

cheers
mark