Re: Missing etc subdirectory during binary install

* On 2021-03-18 at 16:33 GMT, Jørn Åne de Jong wrote:

===> Installing binary package of exabgp4-4.2.11nb1
exabgp4-4.2.11nb1: copying /usr/pkg/share/examples/exabgp/exabgp.env to
	/usr/pkg/etc/exabgp/exabgp.env
cp: /usr/pkg/etc/exabgp/exabgp.env: No such file or directory
chmod: /usr/pkg/etc/exabgp/exabgp.env: No such file or directory

When I create /usr/pkg/etc/exabgp prior to installation, everything
works fine.

I have added etc/exabgp to INSTALLATION_DIRS, which I thought would
trigger creation of /usr/pkg/etc/exabgp while installing, but that does
not help.  How should I ensure that the directory is created at
installation?

It's important to note that PKG_SYSCONFDIR is not guaranteed to be under PREFIX, so you can never refer to etc/*.

If you set PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR=exabgp and add CONF_FILES or CONF_FILES_PERMS entries for each of the files that you want to install from the example area, it should work. Have a look at any existing package that uses PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR to see how it's done.

Cheers,