xsd

I'm trying to update the devel/xsd package to version 4.0.0.
I've just committed what I've got to wip/xsd.

If I build the package from wip/xsd on NetBSD9 and on Linux and
then write the following to x.xsd

--
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";

</xs:schema>
--

then run:
 xsdcxx cxx-tree --namespace-map http://kolab.org=KolabXSD /tmp/x.xsd

on Linux the command succeeds, but on NetBSD I get the error:
error: invalid XML to C++ namespace mapping specified: 'http://kolab.org=KolabXSD': invalid C++ identifier

Can anyone tell me why on NetBSD the argument is getting missparsed?
Its doing a regexp match in the c++ code that seems to be incorrectly failing.

cheers
mark