Re: Cyclic dependency on NetBSD

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 11:03:03AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Hello,
> > > on the NetBSD build guests (running 8.0_STABLE/i386 or 9.0_STABLE/amd64),
> > > the pbulk build fails to start with:
> > > Cyclic dependency for package:
> > > cwrappers-20180325
> > > pkg_install-20201218
> > > cwrappers-20180325

> > > Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>

> > What happens if you first build and install cwrappers, or cwrappers and pkg_install, with USE_CWRAPPERS=no (on command line or would it be in /etc/mk.conf?)?

> This is not a reasonable solution for pbulk

> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>

You could build and install cwrappers and pkg_install before pbulk, but having to USE_CWRAPPERS=no to install cwrappers and pkg_install when starting with pkgsrc, and then not documenting the cyclic dependency, is decidedly not user-friendly.  I had to discover that on my own, and one can call it a kludge.

I can't imagine FreeBSD ports, Gentoo portage, DragonFlyBSD dports, OpenBSD ports, or Haikuports, doing anything like that.

Tom