Re: [HEADS UP] pkgsrc default database directory changed

I just gave it another try today, again on a new install. This time also passing USE_CWRAPPERS=no to building cwrappers as well. This time at least it doesn't abort with a cyclic dependency, but fails to build digest:

===> Installing binary package of digest=20190127
pkg_add: Can't process file:///usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work/.packages/digest-20190127*: No such file or directory
pkg_add: no pkg found for '/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work/.packages/digest-20190127.tgz', sorry.
pkg_add: 1 package addition failed

I had this before as well, so I installed digest manually. That works, but now the problem is just moved:

===> Installing dependencies for dtc-1.4.7
=> Tool dependency dtc>=1.4.2: NOT found
=> Verifying reinstall for ../../sysutils/dtc
ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: Circular dependency detected

This is the exact same as yesterday (so tried on 2 fresh installs now). This is not related to the package at hand, at all:

===> Installing dependencies for pkgconf-1.7.3
=> Tool dependency pkgconf-[0-9]*: NOT found
=> Verifying reinstall for ../../devel/pkgconf
ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: Circular dependency detected

(If there are any typos: I typed this by hand)

The only thing that I realized today is that I have my usual hardening in mk.conf, which not everybody might have:

PKGSRC_MKPIE = yes
PKGSRC_MKREPRO = yes
PKGSRC_USE_RELRO = yes
PKGSRC_USE_STACK_CHECK = yes