Re: ALTERNATIVES framework and multiple package versions question

On Sun, Dec 06, 2020 at 10:07:00AM +0100, Bartek Krawczyk wrote:
> Thanks.
> Do you or anybody else have suggestions to my other questions? How in
> reality such situations should be handled where source Makefile uses
> "go" binary but we provide "go115"?

Generally speaking, replace the executable name with the SUBST
framework using the variable GOVERSSUFFIX defined in
lang/go/version.mk.

But this might not be the best solution, since go packages
are generally handled by lang/go/go-package.mk. Maybe the
Makefile shouldn't be used...?