Re: get rid of LOCALBASE

On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 06:15:23PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since we had two recent occurrences where this bit developers, I'd
> like to globally replace: LOCALBASE with PREFIX.
>
> https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2020/12/03/msg024201.html
>
> Any comments?

Well, there are good reasons for them to be historically separate, even
if we have removed many of the differences over time. pkgviews,
subprefixes etc. Ultimately, the main difference remains that LOCALBASE
is the user-settable variable and PREFIX is the infrastructure variable.
I don't really see the point in renaing the former to the latter.

Joerg