Re: Rust 1.46.0 update

I note that we are past the nominal rust update window for this branch.

Are people really wanting to move to 1.46.0 for this branch?

What is the state of the bootstrap kits?  Are they known to work on all
of

  NetBSD {8, 9, current}  X  {i386, amd64, earmv7hf-el, aarch64)

  illumos (whereever it used to work, and this seems like it is ok)

  (has lang/rust built anywhere else in the last two quarters?)

If we are going to evaluate this, could the proposed update be dropped
in wip, so random people can easily test it?

(I realize there is 1.45 bootstrap trouble in parallel.)