Re: cmake + WRKOBJDIR

On 14.08.2020 17:43, Brook Milligan wrote:
> Building cmake failed for me with WRKOBJDIR=/private/tmp/pkgsrc on a Mac (Catalina).
>
> Even though WRKOBJDIR points to a directory, cmake reports the following during the bootstrap/configure step:
>
> -- Check for working C compiler: /tmp/pkgsrc/devel/cmake/work/.cwrapper/bin/clang - skipped
>
> On this system /tmp is a symlink for /private/tmp, so cmake seems to be somehow reverting to the symlink.  I do not understand the cmake magic enough to see where this is happening.  Any ideas?

pkgsrc does not support symlinks for PREFIX, WRKOBJDIR and a few other
directories, exactly because of problems like these.

https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/pkgsrc.html#fixes.build.header.symlink

To get symlinks working, I had to fix the cwrappers and a few other
places, but that would have only been a 95% fix, therefore I didn't
commit it in the end.