Re: Broken ffmpeg on aarch64 and i386

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020, John Klos wrote:
Fix "Cannot write-enable text segment: Permission denied" issues for
i386 and aarch64.

Unfortunately this isn't a perfect fix, everything using ffmpeg
(e.g. ffplay4) needs this too if it's going to work. Avoiding
the text relocations entirely is desirable.

I'm worried about us exiting freeze with broken ffmpeg.

So do we paxctl x265 and friends, too, for now, or do we find someone who knows how to fix this properly?

Regarding multimedia/freerdp2, it doesn't work on *BSD anyway as it relies on timerfd_create currently:

"os specific implementation is missing"

--
Stephen