Re: Using a replacement linker with pkgsrc

> On Jun 25, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> I mean set the "always-libgcc" option, i.e. add
>
>  PKG_OPTIONS.gcc49+= always-libgcc
>
> to your mk.conf.

Perfect.  That fixed the problem and I now see gcc49/lib64/libgcc_s.so installed.

I am guessing that I would need to enable this for any version of gcc I might also want to build from pkgsrc.  Is that the expectation?

Why is this not the default?  It would seem that if we build a pkgsrc compiler we would always want all the associated libraries, but perhaps I am missing something.

Thanks again for the tip.

Cheers,
Brook