Re: py-cryptodome and py-crypto

* On 2020-06-22 at 10:53 BST, nia wrote:

> These packages have extremely similar PLISTs and conflict, which currently
> means calibre can't build.
>
> Is cryptodome a clear successor to crypto, and should packages be updated
> to use it?

AIUI there are also "x" versions that are the successors or something,
and are required if we want to update to newer sysutils/salt versions,
which I've had a few users ask about.

I don't really understand it, but if there are successors and packages
are starting to require them we should just get going with replacing
them.  I'd rather we had updated versions of salt which is a
reasonably popular package and something users expect to be available.