Re: python conflict question

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 01:29:13PM +0200, Nikita Gillmann wrote:
> I think I was a bit too brief. I meant our ${PYVER}-binary naming, not
> the package name.

I think I know what you mean:

For py*-packages, i.e. the ones that are built by default for multiple
python versions, we usually rename bin/foo to bin/foo-${PYVERSSUFFIX},
to avoid them conflicting and allowing parallel installation of
multiple python versions of the same package/library.

We usually do not do this for packages that are just written in python
and do not provide a library that is used by other packages, see e.g.
devel/meld.
 Thomas