Re: the nature of pkgsrc support for OS versions (release vs stable)

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 05:04:49PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>> For rust, it looks like forcing MAKE_JOBS=1 is a working workaround.
>
> Not really, it just makes the problems a lot less visible.

Can you explain, or point to a PR:

  what is the core problem

  has this been actually fixed in current (and pulled up to 8 and 9)

My impression is that it is actually fixed, which is a lot of the
motivation for not expecting RELEASE to work.