Re: pkgsrc on alpine linux (non-gnu userland) - trip report

from Denys Nykula:

> Does flex build when you link bash to mksh or pdksh? I don't remember
> which of these I had when I bootstrapped, but flex is present on
> my from-scratch musl.cc+toybox+pkgsrc server.

How did you build musl.cc+toybox+pkgsrc ?

Did you cross-compile from NetBSD, FreeBSD or other non-Linux?

I am trying to do that, hitting snags.

I was successful building musl-cross-make on NetBSD and FreeBSD.

I notice toybox source has many scripts beginning with #!/bin/bash, one bugaboo of non-linux users and even Linux users who use a shell other than bash (such as dash).

How do mksh and pdksh compare to bash?  OpenADK (openadk.org) likes mksh.  I am curious, would like to build mksh and pdksh on my next upgrade of NetBSD and possibly FreeBSD.

If this question deviates too much from the original subject, you may feel free to change the subject.

Tom