Re: Continuity plan for mercurial mirror repositories in bitbucket?

Jesus Cea <jcea%jcea.es@localhost> writes:

> Any reason WIP is not available there?.

Because the main repository is hosted by NetBSD and is git, and I don't
see why people would want to have an hg mirror, particularly because
that wouldn't lead to a path to submit things there -- it would just be
read only.  The point of wip is that lots of people contribute changes.

> Is there any workflow to be able to contribute to pkgsrc with Mercurial?

Not that I know of.  You could perhaps configure a git backend to your
mercurial client, but you'll have to avoid the gratuitous wrong-parent
merges that are likely to result from a simple integration of that.

It seems far easier for you to just use git.