Re: Good way to recycle previous quarter's binary packages?

John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> writes:

> When switching build machines from one quarter to the next, how do
> people recycle the previous quarter's binaries, excluding the ones
> which would need to be rebuilt?
>
> I wrote a quick script that simply compares the list of dependencies
> and versions of binary packages with the list of dependencies and
> versions from the next quarter's pkgsrc and copies if the lists are
> the same. Is there a better way?

With pkg_rr, I just do lintpkgsrc -p to remove binary packages that are
out of date relative to pkgsrc.

I had the impression pbulk just dealt with this, and that "previous
quarter" was not so structurally different than "update along stable
branch".  I am interested to hear from experienced pbulkers.