GSOC 2020: Debian Packaging

Hello community this is Piyush Thange form India and I'm willing to work on the project of

"Creating .deb packages"

I'm an undergraduate in 3rd year of Computer Engineering pursuing it form Govt. college of Engineering and Research Avasari, Pune. I'm working on the tutorial of debian packaging and soon will be read with a good experience in packaging.
I'd like to know for what kind of files do we need .deb package?

Thank you
Piyush