Re: Does mozilla-rootcerts-openssl need to be unconditionally NOT_FOR_UNPRIVILEGED?

On 2020-03-10 08:38, Denys Nykula wrote:
10 March 2020, 08:05:12 "Jason Bacon" <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost>:

security/mozilla-rootcerts-openssl

I found that on Darwin, it installs and functions fine in an
unprivileged tree if I comment out NOT_FOR_UNPRIVILEGED.

It seems to me that the unprivileged install is only needed to install
in /etc, which only happens if using builtin openssl.

I think the patch below should allow installing in unprivileged mode:
Can confirm, I have an unprivileged Linux pkgsrc prefix where with such
patch the certs install fine and make curl work without -k.
I believe the need for this in R is also due to R's use of curl.

Perhaps security/mozilla-rootcerts-openssl should be a run dependency for www/curl?  As ubiquitous as https is now, anyone using curl will probably have to install mozilla-rootcerts-openssl anyway.

    JB