Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/print

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 09:12:38AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Looking at my system, I see that libgnomeprint seems also not really
>> maintained upstream and only ham/xlog is using it.
>>
>> So maybe libgnomeprint is also cruft?
>
> That's another item on my "GNOME 2 cruft that I haven't fully unrolled the
> dependencies for" list. Unfortunately the full thing with the list of everything
> and packages using it is on a computer I can't access right now.
>
> There are big things like py-gnome2-desktop, but these are fairly broken with
> nothing much using them by now too.

Thanks and makes sense.

It turns out xlog upstream dropped libgnomeprint in 2008, but nobody
noticed so our package still depended on it, but the build didn't check
for or actually use it.

I marked libgnomeprint as BROKEN when the cups option is given, just as
a hint in the meantime until it is purged.