Re: compiler/gfortran.mk

Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> Is there a reason the default version is unconditionally hard-coded at 4.8?
>
> GFORTRAN_VERSION?=      48
>
> Seems to me it would be better to match the base compiler (e.g. 5.5 on
> NetBSD 8.1).
>
> I can override it in etc/mk.conf of course, but maybe this is
> something that could use some attention?

My impression is that nobody is paying attention to Fortran.

I am guessing you are using a value matching base, and succeeding?  If
so, I would be fine with you adding logic to match base.

I think matching base means a value of 5, not 5.5, because these
versions omit the point release number.   4.8.x is like 5.x, as I
understand it.