Re: New packages for review

On Wed, 05 Feb 2020 at 13:15:30 +0000, voidpin wrote:
> Hi, as promissed a week or so ago in a thread in the netbsd-users
> mailing list,
> https://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2020/01/28/msg023864.html
>
> I'm uploading here a list of packages from pkgsrc-wip that I'm using
> on a daily
> basis on my system.
> These packages work as they are intended to and patches have been
> submitted
> upstream and merged.
>
> Please review these packages and consider importing into pkgsrc main
> branch.
>
> wip/featherpad, Lightweight Qt5 plain-text editor
> wip/arqiver, Simple Qt5 archive manager
> wip/feathernotes, Lightweight Qt5 hierarchical notes-manager
> wip/lxqt-build-tools, LXQt build tools
> wip/libqtxdg, Qt implementation of freedesktop.org xdg specs
> wip/liblxqt, Core utility library for all LXQt components
> wip/libfm-qt, Core library of PCManFM-Qt
> wip/pcmanfm-qt, LXQt pcmanfm Qt frontend
> wip/qtermwidget, Terminal emulator widget for Qt5
> wip/qterminal, Terminal emulator for Qt5
> wip/lximage-qt, Image viewer and screenshot tool for the LXQt desktop

Hi,

Here are some initial observations. I haven't reviewed all the packages
on your list in detail; rather, I tried to build all of the LXQt meta
package, and found some issues that overlap with your list.

Some packages fail to build in a sandboxed bulk build environment, e.g.
libfm-qt and qterminal:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:35 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5LinguistTools.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
this
  project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided
by
  "Qt5LinguistTools", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by
"Qt5LinguistTools"
  (requested version 5.7.1) with any of the following names:

    Qt5LinguistToolsConfig.cmake
    qt5linguisttools-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Qt5LinguistTools" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
or
  set "Qt5LinguistTools_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above
  files.  If "Qt5LinguistTools" provides a separate development package
or
  SDK, be sure it has been installed.

These simply need
TOOL_DEPENDS+=  qt5-qttools-[0-9]*:../../x11/qt5-qttools
added, as some related packages already have.

I don't think INSTALLATION_DIRS is really required in these packages?

While I don't think this is a huge deal, the preferred practice with
patches sent upstream is to add URL references in the patch comments so
others can cross-reference if need be.

(Given I contributed to packaging qtermwidget and qterminal, I should
probably recuse myself from any review of them, except to say I never
finished looking into some details about the patch I shared with you
for qtermwidget. I guess I should do that.)

Do you intend to submit the rest of the LXQt desktop components for
review later? There are related and unrelated issues I've found with
them, which we could discuss separately. For instance, lxqt-panel
doesn't build for me because it expects the presence of
audio/pulseaudio, which isn't a declared dependency.

Anyway, you may already have others lined up to help with this, but I
can assist with the commits if need be. I'd have to look at the rest
of your list. Thanks for working on this!

Regards,

Dave