Re: c++ undeclared symbols in lang/openjdk11

On Sun 05 Jan 2020 at 13:25:50 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> On Sat 04 Jan 2020 at 21:01:16 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > Also, and this is probably much harder, in pkgsrc we like to not use
> > copies of other packages that are included like this, and basically
> > patch the openjdk build to use pkgsrc harfbuzz.
>
> Yes, I can try to have a look at it. I don't guarantee anthing. I

Very first look: There seems to be some low hanging fruit in the pkg
Makefile:

- CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-lcms=bundled
+ CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-lcms=system

and similarly

- CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-giflib=bundled
+ ONFIGURE_ARGS+=         --with-giflib=system
+ CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-giflib-include=${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.giflib}/include

However, strangely enough, for one combination I tried the
check-portability.awk script complained about several cases of 'test =='.
But it didn't happen a second time.

There is no similar knob for harfbuzz.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on