Re: builtin INCOMPATs

* On 2019-10-31 at 15:21 GMT, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> It got me to thinking why the various builtin.mk files that support an
> _INCOMPAT_* setup set USE_BUILTIN.foo=no instead of IS_BUILTIN.foo=no.
> I get the feeling they've all just been copying from each other rather
> than intending to do this.

David brought up a good point on IRC about packages that set
INCOMPAT_*, which would lead to IS_* switching between yes and no
within a dependency tree and that could potentially be painful.

So my alternative proposal is to make a distinction between:

  _INCOMPAT_*: Global (usually per-OPSYS) setting, sets IS_*=no

and

  INCOMPAT_*: Per-package setting, sets USE_*=no

I'll try and cook up a patch and do some bulk testing over the next
week or so.