Re: libidn2 question

Niclas Rosenvik transcribed 437 bytes:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 17:58:09 +0000
> ng0 <ng0%n0.is@localhost> wrote:
>
> > If you grep in this file:
> > https://d.n0.is/pub/tmp/gnunet0118_pkgsrc_config.log
> >
> > for idn2, you can see that for some reason it is failing
> > to get detected. So my question is, is the error on my
> > side with the gnunet hat on, or on the pkgsrc side?
> >

> at the bottom of that file is
> libidn:                         libidn2
>
> doesn't that mean that it detects libidn2??

Yes and no.
This just evaluates the last value of HAVE_LIBIDN2 or
similar values.
Part of why I'm confused is because tests don't find it,
okay this happens with some parts of the tests because
the default autotools tests don't include some headers
we need on NetBSD - it's on my list of things to fix.
But the tests which indicate that libidn2 is present
trigger a switch to true for libidn2. If only libidn(1)
would be present, libidn(1) would be selected and
libidn2 disregarded.
So what is happening with the build then when there
is no issue outside of pkgsrc (same machine, can build
with libidn2 just fine)?

Do you have any idea what I could be looking into, pkgsrc
and libidn2 related?

Thanks!