Re: libtool archives for modules (or plugins) in pkgsrc

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 09:18:21PM +0400, cl?ment bouvier wrote:
> > I know that if I put module.so directly in the PLIST file, I have an error with the file-check saying that module.la is in the DESTDIR but not in PLIST.
> > If I put module.la then it is ok but I have module.so *and* module.la.
> > "The PLIST file gets the foo.so entry"  of the rule 4 would not be correct?
>
> What's the problem you are trying to solve? The libtool archive doesn't
> hurt anyone, just leave it alone.

I see few python modules have .la and .a files in site-packages. Yuk!
None of installed ruby modules have .la/.a on my machine.

Ideally, Lua modules should be shiped without this garbage but if it
can't be done easily, then I have no strong objection.

--
Alex