Re: libtool archives for modules (or plugins) in pkgsrc

Can you tell us what needs to be done?

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 at 12:51, Alexander Nasonov <alnsn%yandex.ru@localhost> wrote:
cl?ment bouvier wrote:
> In the pkgsrc guide (developper part), we recommend (if possible),
> using libtool to make shared librairies, mainly with the package
> containing a home-made makefile not really portable:
> https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/fixes.html#fixes.configure

If we can, we should avoid home-made makefiles. Unfortunately, some
Lua modules use home-made makefiles. But more and more Lua modules
use LuaRocks and we should invest time in building rocks support
in pkgsrc. Although I'm still a maintainer of LuaRocks, I don't
have time to work on it and I'd like to use the opportunity and ask
for volunteers. Any takers?

--
Alex