Re: Bring BLAS into pkgsrc, pt. II

On 2019-08-07 16:43, Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 09:10:48PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
All these issues have been addressed, I beefed up the comments to provide
some background and guidance for BLAS newbies, and Thomas and I worked out a
couple other minor issues.

At this point I'd like to request clearance to commit (with minor path
changes as it is moved from wip), or ask someone else to do the commit for
us, assuming nobody sees any remaining issues.

Note that this commit should not affect any existing packages.  It's a new
mk file that nothing uses yet.

I have tested all existing BLAS dependents against it under wip/mk and will
update and retest them after it's committed.
wip/mk/blas* references lots of wip/ packages. I suggest importing
those first. Except for that it looks ok (haven't tried it).
  Thomas

We can certainly import cblas and openblas* without breaking anything, since these are new packages.

Thomas O.:

Have you tested dependent packages with the new blas/lapack directly, bypassing blas.bl3?  Do we need to worry about breaking anything by upgrading them without converting dependents to use blas.bl3?

Cheers,

    JB