Re: c11 support in mk?

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 12:11:17PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>   Why is gnu99 added when a package declares c99, when we have gnu
>>   flavors of the C++ standards explicitly?
>
> Because unlike with C++, a lot of things break with strict ISO C.

Do you think pkgsrc should continue to use "c99" to mean "gnu99", or
should we have c99 mean what it says, and have packages that need gnu99
declare that?  I guess that's two questions, in an ideal world, and then
when considering the pain of getting form here to there.

I realize this is complicated by c99/gnu99 not ensuring that the
compiler is capable, and by many upstream configures adding --std=foo
themselves.