Re: devel/gobject-introspection/Makefile 1.60

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 11:39:16PM -0400, Amitai Schleier wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2019, at 15:34, Chuck Cranor wrote:
>
> > dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libgirepository-1.0.1.dylib
>
> Yes, I'm seeing this too. Here's a very rough workaround that leaves
> ${WRKSRC} paths in the .typelib files, but at least fixes the build:
> https://netbsd.schmonz.com/tmp/gobject-introspection.diff
>
> Anyone have an idea how to get meson/ninja to DTRT here on OS X?

Doesn't look promising:

https://mesonbuild.com/Creating-OSX-packages.html

   Then it needs to alter the library search path of our executable(s).
   This tells OSX that the libraries your app needs are inside your
   bundle. In the case of SDL2, the invocation goes like this:
$ install_name_tool -change @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2 \
    @executable_path/../FrameWorks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2 \
    ${MESON_INSTALL_PREFIX}/Contents/MacOS/myapp

   This is the part of OSX app bundling that you must always do manually.
   OSX dependencies come in many shapes and forms and unfortunately there
   is no reliable automatic way to determine how each dependency should be
   handled. Frameworks go to the Frameworks directory while plain .dylib
   files usually go to Contents/Resources/lib (but you can put them
   wherever you like). To get this done you have to check what your
   program links against with otool -L /path/to/binary and manually add
   the copy and fix steps to your install script. Do not copy system
   libraries inside your bundle, though.

Cheers,

Patrick