Re: librsvg

It might be worth reading into what other dependent OS and PMs
do. Here's a relatively recent thread by Guix:
https://www.mail-archive.com/guix-devel%gnu.org@localhost/msg46696.html

I do agree it's immensely expensive to build rust right now.
I've been through the old process in Guix (before they
simplified the bootstrap, resulting in a shorter graph), which
meant building mrustc and then 6 or so rust versions + the testsuites.
A rather recent system still took a couple of days to complete it.

Hauke Fath transcribed 919 bytes: