Re: BLAS in pkgsrc: present and future

On 2019-05-31 09:34, Greg Troxel wrote:
Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

PKGSRC_BLAS_PREFERRED: User-controlled list of preferred implementations
PKGSRC_BLAS_EXCLUSIVE (or similar): User-controlled non-negotiable selection
I don't see why we need this complexity.  If the user sets the variable,
it's the list of acceptable,  in preferred order.

Are you trying to let people say PREFERRED=foo without thinking about
others, so they get foo if it works, and then the normal order?  I don't
see hordes of unsophisticated users setting this, so I don't see adding
code ot make it slightlye easier for a tiny number of people as a good
thing.

I neglected to look ahead and see how far the thread had progressed before replying to this.?? Please disregard this and see my latest proposal.