Re: distfile renaming - éclaire-moi, svp

Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> writes:

 > Howdy folks...
>
> I have a situation where I want to add a prefix to some distfiles I'm downloading...
>
> Specifically, let's say I have distfiles "foo", "bar", and "quux" on the distribution server (GitHub, in this case).  When I download them, I want them to land in pkgsrc/distfiles as "oink-foo", "oink-bar", and "oink-quux".
>
> I'm downloading them using this pattern:
>
> FOO=                  foo
> DISTFILES+=      ${FOO}
> SITES.${FOO}=   ${MASTER_SITE_GITHUB:=piggy/wiggly/blob/oink/}
>
> I want that file to be "oink-foo" in pkgsrc/distfiles.
>
> Halp?

I am shocked, shocked that it's something on github where you are having
this need.

I am unaware of any mechanisms to do what you want.

Consider DIST_SUBDIR as a way to isolate things with non-global names,
even though the purpose is to isolate things from the same package with
varying contents under the same name.