Re: New bc

Gavin Howard <gavin.d.howard%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Of all of these, PLIST is probably incomplete. My bc has locale
> support, but my installation of NetBSD (in a VM) does not have any
> locales, and my bc is smart enough to know what locales to install and
> what not to install. As such, the PLIST does not include any available
> locales.

I don't follow "does not have locales".  The pkgsrc way, which I think
is the normal way, is to install the localized files always, so that the
user can later set locale to say "fr".   We strongly discourage behaving
differently based on the build environment.  I don't think we're odd,
but I have gotten many things wrong over time, so if I'm confused please
straighten me out.

The package may need to depend on gettext.