Re: python 2.x

On 2019-04-09 12:56, Dr. Thomas Orgis wrote:
Am Tue, 9 Apr 2019 15:43:24 +0000
schrieb <coypu%sdf.org@localhost>:

python2 will become EOL upstream in a few months. Let's get a 3.x
version as the default.
I asked my HPC users and only the astrophysicists mentioned code that
needs 2.7 (we're not discussing removing the package, I presume),
others were happy with 3.6. There was some caution about 3.7 and hope
that ABI issues with that are resolved soon. We do not bother with 3.4
or 3.5.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

Our HPC users run almost exclusively 3.6 now.  Packages that only run under 2.x have become very rare.  We have not tested 3.7 much yet.

Cheers,

    JB