Re: Make WRKOBJDIR for py*- pkgs version specific?

On Sat, Feb 02, 2019 at 08:52:58AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > Someting like this seems reasonable to me, assuming there's a patch to
 > review and we are confident it doesn't break anything.
 >
 > Are you wanting to change the default of
 >   /usr/pkgsrc/category/pkg/work
 > to be
 >   /usr/pkgsrc/category/pkg/work-PKGNAME
 > as well?
 >
 > Using WRKOBJDIR, I think you are proposing to change
 >   $WRKOBJDIR/cat/pkg
 >   $WRKOBJDIR/cat/$PKGNAME
 >
 > I think that could cause trouble because we allow multiple PKGPATH
 > entries to build the same PKGNAME.

I think the best way to do this would be to stick the multiversion
code string in, so

 - /usr/pkgsrc/category/pkg/work
 + /usr/pkgsrc/category/pkg/work27
 + /usr/pkgsrc/category/pkg/work37

and

 - $WRKOBJDIR/category/pkg
 + $WRKOBJDIR/category/pkg27
 + $WRKOBJDIR/category/pkg37

or maybe

 - $WRKOBJDIR/category/pkg
 + $WRKOBJDIR/category/pkg/27
 + $WRKOBJDIR/category/pkg/37

This seems like it'll add the least amount of annoying verbiage to the
paths, but it probably also takes the largest amount of effort to
deploy; I don't think our various instances of multiversion handling
are systematized enough to make this a simple change.

(but maybe they should be)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost