Re: reimport mesa 18, remove old MesaLib packages

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 20:06:33 +0100
Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu 10 Jan 2019 at 20:31:25 +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> > The upstream package was renamed from MesaLib to mesa in version 11
> > (2015).
>
> Why not call it graphics/libgl? That is what it installs[1]. It is
> somewhat absurd that to install libGL you need to find MesaLib (or
> worse, mesa, which doesn't even have "lib" in the name).

I don't mind this. Some distros (.deb based distros come to mind) do
it. But the mesa distribution does install more than just libGL, so it
makes more sense to do this if we were to split the package into
separate packages for libgl, libgles, dri-drivers, osmesa and so on.

Since we will have to deal with switching from autotools to meson-build
anyway for mesa 19 it might be best to wait with this rototil until
then. For now let's just merge MesaLib18 into MesaLib and let the next
move marinate for a while.

Kind regards,
-Tobias