editline compatibility with readline - minimal required version?

Hi!

I think mk/readline.buildlink3.mk is missing functionality to detect
or request a compatible version of editline.

A recent math/nickle update made it use rl_reset_after_signal and
rl_echo_signal_char, which christos added to editline's readline
compat after I asked him about him in early December.

But now there is no way that I can see to make the package request a
new enough editline.

See this is as a request to add such functionality :)

Thanks,
 Thomas